I have just switched from Windows to Solus since I heard it's supposed to be fast. However, I've noticed these issues:
- The bootloader does not give me an option to select between Solus or Windows (I'm dual-booting). It just directly boots into Solus
- I cannot drag any items on my desktop or make new folders
- Performance issues:
- Resizing windows feels very laggy compared to Windows
- Scrolling is much slower and feels a lot laggier compared to windows (I have to scroll more with my mouse wheel for the same result). I have noticed that in Discord and in Chrome.
- Animations are not smooth and feel laggier compared to windows.
- I have to hold the backspace key longer to trigger the text removal. There's no option to configure the delay in neither Gnome-Tweaks nor the settings.
- Clicking the Mouse Wheel + Moving the mouse does nothing in chrome. It's supposed to scroll very fast through the page.
- If I have two browser tabs open and hover over the browser icon in the task bar, I'm really missing the quick preview of all the windows which exists in Windows.
- Sometimes, new application open on my second monitor instead of my main monitor, even though I have correctly configured it as my main monitor
This is my 4. time testing out Linux since I'm not happy with the performance of Windows 11. But these issues, they make using Solus as a daily driver very tedious for me.
I'm using Budgie and have installed the Nvidia drivers. Could someone help me with these issues?